Get Involved in the Life of Bridgeport
Bridgeport is based on an infrastructure that we hope is efficient, non-hierarchical, and promotes community building. Everyone’s help is needed to do the work and ministry of Bridgeport, and to help it become the church you want it to be. There are several Teams and Task Groups that coordinate our programs and projects.
Below are the standing Teams at Bridgeport. Each of the Teams has a job that is on-going; whereas, a Task Group focuses on getting their task completed and then the group disbands.
If you are feeling blessed to share your one-of-a-kind self with Bridgeport, please consider joining one of the Teams. To participate in a standing Team, contact the church office and we’ll put you in touch with the team leaders. Join up and join in the life of the church! If you have a new idea for a project, see the Congregation President, Kaye McDonald, or Pastor Alan Claassen, or bring your idea to the next Administry meeting.
- Church Council - The Council is both the visionary and the business group at Bridgeport. The group is a combination of all the Teams, with a representative from each, in addition to the officers, and anyone else interested in the vision and business of Bridgeport. The folks in this group are responsible for establishing the budget and monitoring finances. Policies, overall programs, and other business issues of the church are also managed by this group. Check the calendar for the next meeting date.
- Community Life - This team organizes special events and provides support and care for the congregation. Have fun and build a closer community here at Bridgeport.
- Education - This team organizes the educational activities for our kids and adults, including the children’s ministry, Sunday school, and adult education.
- Facilities - This team cares for our church building and property. The folks on Facilities coordinate building rentals, plan for future use, and schedule upkeep and improvements, giving all Bridgeporters an opportunity “to help out around the house.” Since we don’t have a budget that can cover lawn service, this is essential!
- Finance – This team is knows the importance of reading financial reports and creating budgets.
- Justice and Witness encompasses all areas of our faith in action in the world, including community service, global involvement, and peace and justice work. This team oversees our food donations and seeks to engage all of the congregation in service to the community.
- Personnel - This team conducts the business needed for our human resources at Bridgeport.
- Stewardship - This team thinks about how much we love Bridgeport and is mindful about how to pay our bills. We organize the annual operating budget pledge campaign and track the ongoing capital campaign that is enabling us to buy our building.
- Worship and Arts - This team creates our services on Sunday mornings and other special services.